If you've completed the Registration process, but your host is still reporting that your plug-in is not authorized or your plug-in doesn't appear in your host, you've come to the right place.
Our experience shows that in almost all cases, this is caused by one of only a few simple problems. In order of frequency (from most to least common), they are:
1. You completed the Registration process on our web site (which transferred your license to your ilok.com account), but you have not yet completed the process by going to ilok.com and downloading the license into your iLok key (or you went to ilok.com and only "synchronized" your iLok, which does not actually download the license into it).
2. You bought a new computer, plugged your iLok into that new computer, but have not yet downloaded and installed your plug-in on that computer.
3. Your iLok key is not plugged in to a USB port. (The iLok must be plugged in whenever you are using your software.)
Here's how to deal with each of these problems:
1. If you haven't completed the iLok Authorization process
If you completed the Registration process on our web site and got the message that your license has been sent to your account at ilok.com, you must do all of the following:
1) Go to www.ilok.com and log in with your user ID and password. (The link will open in a new window so you can continue reading these directions..
2) Click "You Have Licenses" in the upper left-hand area of the window.
3) Make sure your iLok is securely connected to your USB port (the iLok's LED should light when connected) and click Synchronize. Wait for the process to complete.
4) Click one or more of the left-hand check boxes to select the license(s) you want to download.
5) Click the "Select an iLok" popup menu and select the target iLok (if you only have one, there will be only one choice).
6) Click the "Download Licenses" button and wait for the process to complete.
7) Your product is authorized -- have fun!
If you have any trouble with this process, please check out the authorization help resources at our Support Page.
2. If you get a new computer
Once your license is on your iLok key, it can be moved to any computer. But each computer must also have a copy of the plug-in installed on it.
To ensure that you have the most up-to-date version of your plug-in, download the latest version of the installer here. Then just plug in your iLok, run the installer, and you'll be ready to go.
3. Be sure your iLok key is plugged in
It may not be entirely obvious, but your iLok key must always be plugged into a USB port whenever you want to use your software.
If You're Still Having Problems
If you've done everything outlined above and are still having problems, one or more of the following resources should help.
iLok Authorization Guide (PDF) - Step-by-step instructions for registering and authorizing your software using the iLok USB smartkey.
Registration and Authorization Video Guides:
Step 1: Creating an iLok.com account
Step 2: Registering your software and transferring the license to your iLok.com account
Step 3: Downloading your license into your iLok key
General Software Authorization FAQ
Antares Support Web Portal
Evo™, Auto-Motion™, and Solid-Tune™ are trademarks and Auto-Tune®, Antares®, AVOX®, Harmony Engine®, and Mic Mod® are registered trademarks of Antares Audio Technologies.