Need a great vocal sound?
Work with a great producer.
THE HEART OF ANY GREAT SONG is a great vocal sound. With Antares's new Vocal Producer, we've combined our world-renowned Auto-Tune Pitch Correction and TEC-Award-winning Microphone Modeler technologies with state-of-the-art vocal processing modules to give you everything you need to create stunning vocal tracks in any musical style.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE
Live or in the studio, the AVP lets you instantly select from a large library of sounds. From gorgeously mellow to seriously twisted, we've included factory presets for a wide variety of vocal styles as well as an interface that makes it easy to create your own signature sounds. (And given the power and flexibility of the AVP's processing modules, we've even included a selection of presets for instrumental and percussion tracks.)
The Antares Vocal Producer features:
* Auto-Tune Real-time Pitch Correction - Antares's world-renowned Auto-Tune technology lets you correct the pitch of vocals (or solo instruments), in real time, without distortion or artifacts, while preserving all of the expressive nuance of the original performance.
* Antares Microphone Modeling - Our TEC Awarding-winning Microphone Modeler technology lets you give your vocal tracks the characteristics of a variety of high-end studio mics as well as adjust the proximity effect associated with mic distance.
* Analog Tube Modeling - Gives your vocals the warmth of a classic tube preamp.
* Variable Knee Compressor - A state-of-the-art dynamics processor with threshold, ratio, attack and decay controls as well as a continuously variable knee characteristic.
* Downward Expanding Gate - The AVP's gate, with threshold and ratio controls, works independently of the compressor to eliminate noise and breath sounds.
* Variable Frequency De-Esser - The AVP's de-esser tames vocal sibilance with threshold, ratio, attack and decay controls as well as a variable highpass frequency to match any vocal performance.
* Flexible Parametric EQ - You can fine-tune your vocal sound with two independent bands of equalization that let you select from 6dB or 12 dB high or low cut, high or low shelving with variable slope, bandpass, notch and fully parametric peaking.
* Automatic Mono or Stereo Double Tracking - You can automatically mix a doubled track into the AVP's main output or route it to a separate output for post-processing and mixing.
* Fully Programmable - Once you've created the perfect vocal sound for a particular track, every parameter can be saved as a preset for instant recall.
* Factory Presets for a Wide Variety of Vocal Styles - The AVP comes out-of-the-box with an extensive collection of factory presets for a variety of vocal styles. (We've even included a selection of presets for instrumental and percussion tracks.)
* MIDI Automation - Every variable module parameter can be controlled via MIDI continuous controllers for realtime automation.
* Really Easy To Use - No scrolling though endless menus to find the parameter you want. Virtually every major function is only a single button press away.
* Incredibly Affordable - See your local Antares dealer for the good news!
NOW HEAR THIS
The Antares Vocal Producer. One great producer you can really afford to work with.
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, and do not in any way imply any association with or endorsement by any of the named manufacturers.
The Antares Vocal Producer is available exclusively from Musicians Friend and Guitar Center.com.
The following MP3 files will give you an idea of some the AVP's capabilities. (We'll be adding additional examples from time to time, so check back.)
All files were processed only with the AVP. For best results, listen to them on a good sound system.
Example #1: Male rock vocal
In the "before" version, the vocal lacks character and gets lost in the mix. The "after" version uses the AVP's compressor to compress the vocal's dynamic range and allows the vocal track to be turned up in the mix without clipping. EQ, Mic Modeling and Stereo Double Tracking give it character. (Be sure to listen to this one in stereo.)
Example #2: Female vocal
This example uses Auto-Tune to fix some extreme pitch problems, along with compression and Mic Modeling for vocal quality. (Our singer insisted that we tell you that we asked her to do this on purpose. Really.)
Example #3: Drum Loop
For this example, we took a sadly wimpy drum loop and processed it with the AVP's compressor, EQ and Mic Modeling to give it some punch and to open it up sonically. (Note: the AVP processed the already mixed loop, not the individual drum tracks.)
Example #4: The "Cher Effect"
Here's another vocal with pitch problems, but this time processed with Auto-Tune's Speed parameter set to 0. (What have we wrought?)
Frequency response: 10Hz-20KHx, +/- 0.2dB
Distortion + Noise: Less than 0.005% (@1kHz)
Chromatic and 24 diatonic scales, all user customizable
Pitch detection sensitivity
Small diaphragm condenser 1
Small diaphragm condenser 2
Large diaphragm condenser 1
Large diaphragm condenser 2
Large diaphragm condenser 3
Drum mic - kick
Drum mic - snare
Drum mic - cymbal
Tube saturation drive: 0 dB - 12 dB
Threshold: -36 dB - 0 db
Ratio: 1.00:1 - 99.99:1
Attack: 1ms - 200ms
Release: 20ms - 3000ms
Knee: Continuously variable
Threshold: -96 dB - 0 db
Ratio: 1:99.99 - 1:1.00
Threshold: -40 dB - 0 db
Ratio: 1.00:1 - 99.99:1
Attack: 1ms - 200ms
Release: 20ms - 3000ms
Highpass frequency: 2971Hz - 20kHz
Parametric EQ (2 independent bands)
6 dB Lowpass
6 dB Highpass
12 dB Lowpass
12 dB Highpass
Low shelf (variable slope)
High shelf (variable slope)
Stereo or variable mono mix
1/4 inch Phone: Unbalanced, 9.3 dBu, 10K Ohms
Main: 1/4 inch Phone: Unbalanced, 8.5 dBu
Double Track: 1/4 inch Phone: Unbalanced, 8.5 dBu
MIDI In and Out: 5-Pin DIN
Footswitch: 1/4 inch Phone
Displays: 2x20 character LCD; Input Level Indicator (LED x5); Output Level Indicator (LED x5); Tuning Correction Indicator (LED x4); Compression Gain Reduction Indicator (LED x5); De-esser Gain Reduction Indicator (LED x5)
Input Power: 9VAC @ 1000MA, 50Hz or 60Hz
Power consumption: 9 Watts.
Included accessories: Power supply, owner's manual
Dimensions: width: 19 inches x height: 1.75 inches x depth: 5 inches
Weight: Rack: 4.5 lbs; Power supply: .6 lbs.
Evo™, Auto-Motion™, and Solid-Tune™ are trademarks and Auto-Tune®, Antares®, AVOX®, Harmony Engine®, and Mic Mod® are registered trademarks of Antares Audio Technologies.